Backup and Restore
Backup My Content
Backing up your Extrata content will back up your schedule items, sources, projects and tasks. The backup will create a password protected ZIP file. Do not lose this password or you will not be able to restore your backup in the future.
- Click the “Back Up My Content” button.
- Enter the “Save To” location for the backup.
- Enter a password for the backup.
- Click Backup. The export will be saved as a Zip file in the Save location defined in step 2.
Restore From Backup
Restoring your Extrata content will overwrite any existing schedule items, sources, projects, and tasks if they have the same identifier. Any items that were not present in your backup will be left intact. As secrets are not saved in the backup file, you will need to manually enter in all secrets into your imported sources. If you are importing a backup from another machine, your file paths and connection information may become invalid.
- Click the “Restore From Backup” button.
- Enter the “Restore From” location where the backup zip file exists.
- Enter the password for the backup zip file.
- Click Restore to import the content.
Delete All Extrata Content
This will permanently delete all your Extrata sources, projects, tasks and schedule items. Unless you’ve made a backup, you will not be able to recover any of your data.
To delete all your Content, follow the instructions on the “Delete All Extrata Content” screen.